Join us for an innovative night with NextDayBetter NYC with the amazing lineup on Typhoon Haiyan insights!
RSVP on EventBrite here.
- Geena Rocero (Model, Advocate, TED Speaker, and Founder of Gender Proud) | Empathy and Gender
- Leah Villanueva (Educator, Fellow, Teach for the Philippines) | Going Beyond Great Intentions and Impact
- Matt Grasser (CEO, LDLN) | Rapid Data for Rapid Disaster Response
- Rob Baker (White House Presidential Innovation Fellow, Ushahidi | Crisis Mapping + Disaster Relief
- Lourdes Tiglao (Medic, AirForce Veteran, Team Rubicon) | Philippines + US Veterans for Disaster Recovery
- Maria Ressa (Journalist, Co-Founder of Rappler) | Resiliency Building Post Typhoon
Event Manifesto + Theme | “Defining Breakthroughs: Unlocking Human and Community Potential.” Featuring talks from leaders in a variety of creative disciplines to explore on how we can rebuild communities in need, especially those affected by natural disasters such at Typhoon (Yolanda) Haiyan. We further explore what fuels individual, community and innovation-driven breakthroughs.
Tech Demo for Disaster Rebuilding | Hackers will present smart technologies focused on disaster response and resiliency rebuilding.
Good Eats + Libation | Filipino Food and Drinks to celebrate the emergence of the Filipino Food Movement. Featuring Norman Dalager (Bravo Product Director, Chef + Owner of Masarap Supper Club) and Yana Gilbuena (Founder of Salo Series)